31 January, 2011

Amazing Powers of The Mind

I was never satisfied with the system called psionics in 1st edition AD&D. It seemed like two semi-related systems cobbled together. Of course, much later I discovered that's exactly what it was. When psionics showed up in Eldritch Wizardry, the 3rd supplement to OD&D, it was originally intended to be the basis of Steve Marsh's mystic, plus the Psi Attacks of some other un-named class. No wonder.

I (sadly) don't have Carcosa. I like ChicagoWiz's psionics ideas, but I'd like something more expanded as well, maybe for someone dedicated to it, or just for more options with a wild-talent-type character. Thus, I think I'm going to try to figure some out on my own..

I'm going to use this post at TV Tropes as a starting point. I think it's a great place to start.
Post a Comment